Thursday, February 9, 2023
Courses offered today at the Virtual Training Institute
*Schedule subject to change, please visit this page for the most up to date information.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL CLASSES ARE INDICATED IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST).
CEUs and certification credits are noted in the course descriptions.
Morning Facilitated Roundtable Discussion beginning at 9 a.m.
Coaching Skills for Supervisors
Morning Networking Session beginning at 10 a.m.
Learning, Linking and Leveraging Social Media
Late Morning Courses beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Using the American Rescue Plan for Affordable Housing (AH007wt)
Time’s Running Out! Tips, Tools and Techniques for Taking the HUD Exam (HO028wt) UPDATED
Using and Equity Lens in Financial Coaching Approaches (HO041wt)
Homebuyer Education Methods: Training the Trainer (HO229vc)
Selecting and Maximizing Your Mortgage Loan Origination Software (LE001wt)
Afternoon Networking Session beginning at 12 p.m.
Virtual Paint Party
Afternoon Courses beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Shared Equity Housing: Introduction to Stewardship (AH004wt)
Homeownership: Building Competency in Housing Counseling (HO007wt)* UPDATED
Keys to Developing a Social Media Strategy for Your Organization (ML001wt)
Leadership Development in Communities of Color (ML245vc)
Building Rural Leaders of Color in Housing & Community Development: The Basics (RD001wt)
Late Afternoon Networking Session begininning at 2 p.m.
How to Keep our Credit and Divorce our Debt
Late Afternoon Courses beginning at 2:30 p.m.
From Nimby to Yimby (AH009wt) NEW
How to Talk to Your Clients About…Purchasing a Vehicle (HO049wt) NEW
Foreclosure Intervention and Default Counseling Certification, Part I (HO345rqvc)
So You Want to be a CDFI? (LE002wt)
Laying the Foundation for Fundraising (ML170vc) NEW
Late Afternoon Facilitated Roundtable Discussions beginning at 3:15 p.m.
Time Management - How to F.O.C.U.S.
African American Community Development: Virtual Tour and Discussion
Late Afternoon Workshops beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Help! Our Homebuyer Education Program Needs a Makeover
Symposium Solutions Lounge
NeighborWorks Full-Cycle Homeownership Certification (for NeighborWorks Network ONLY)
Post-symposium workshop sessions at 4:30 p.m. (open to all VTI participants)
Solutions Lounge – Housing Stability 4:30-6 p.m.
*HUD Certification Exam Prep Series
- Leveraging Technology for Service Delivery: Balancing Speed and Equity
- A discussion about tech equity, including key lessons learned for tech adoption to facilitate service delivery.
- Unlocking Local Resource for Housing Stability
- What are the resources available and how can organizations work with their local jurisdictions to support prioritization for housing stability and effective deployment?
- Resident Engagement Strategies to Support Housing Stability
- A conversation showcasing efforts in which organizations effectively leveraged community building and/or resident services strategies.
- Cultural and Linguistic Outreach
- Best practices for effectively and efficiently reaching underserved residents.
VC- COURSES DESIGNATED WITH VC ARE FACULTY-LED COURSES.
- In-depth education—the closest thing to a NeighborWorks Training Institute course in an online format
- Sessions spread over 3-4 weeks, mostly at your convenience
- The ability to interact with your peers and expert faculty to explore your organization’s unique situation and challenges
- A variety of online tools to enhance your learning and facilitate your coursework
WT - COURSES DESIGNATED WITH WT ARE WEBINAR TRAINING COURSES.
- 90 minutes of fast-paced, intensive instruction
- Ability to ask questions of expert faculty
- Learning checks
- Downloadable resources
- 1.5 hours of continuing education credit
WK - COURSES DESIGNATED WITH WK ARE ONE-WEEK WORKSHOPS.
- Course material presented across one week
- Self-paced online assignments-approximately six hours of course-related reading and assignments
- Use of peer discussion forums to keep you connected to peers and faculty