Monday, February 6, 2023
Courses offered today at the Virtual Training Institute
*Schedule subject to change, please visit this page for the most up to date information.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL CLASSES ARE INDICATED IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST).
CEUs and certification credits are noted in the course descriptions.
Morning Course beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Foreclosure Tune-up (HO001wt)
Morning Facilitated Roundtable Discussion beginning at 9 a.m.
Using the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to Address Housing
Networking Activity beginning at 10 a.m.
As the Consumer Goes, So Goes the Community: Consumer Resilience & Community Empowerment
Late Morning Courses beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Real Estate Finance Nuts and Bolts (AH121wk)
The Role of Women in Community Development (CB003wt)
Positioning Programs for Success: Connecting Program Design to Community Economic Impact (ED210vc)
Housing Affordability: Building Competency in Housing Counseling (HO002wt)* UPDATED
Networking Activity beginning at 12 p.m.
Gentle Yoga For Stress Relief
Afternoon Courses beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Basic Feasibility Questions for Affordable Housing Projects (AH001wt)
Mobilizing Youth for Community Building (CB122wk)
An Introduction to CounselorMax for New End (HO035wt)
Creating a Good Experience with Your Brand Online and Beyond (ML109wt)
Financial Education and Coaching in Native Communities (NA001wt)
Networking Activity beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Important Updates from HUD
Networking Activity beginning at 2 p.m.
Virtual Escape Room
Late Afternoon Courses beginning at 2:30 p.m.
How to Maintain Compliance in LIHTC Programs (AH211wk)
Understanding Pulbic Polisy: Influencing Policy Making (CB008wt)
Fair Housing: Building Competency in Housing Counseling (HO003wt)* UPDATED
Navigating Credit Concerns Amidst an Eviction/Foreclosure (HO045wt)
How to Talk to Your Clients About…Medical Debt (HO046wt) NEW
Engaging Stakeholders in Revitalization Planning: Effective Participatory Techniques (NR007wt)
Late Afternoon Facilitated Roundtable Discussion beginning at 3:15 p.m.
Late Afternoon Workshop beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Opening Plenary - All Participants
*HUD Certification Exam Prep Series
VC- COURSES DESIGNATED WITH VC ARE FACULTY-LED COURSES.
- In-depth education—the closest thing to a NeighborWorks Training Institute course in an online format
- Sessions spread over 3-4 weeks, mostly at your convenience
- The ability to interact with your peers and expert faculty to explore your organization’s unique situation and challenges
- A variety of online tools to enhance your learning and facilitate your coursework
WT - COURSES DESIGNATED WITH WT ARE WEBINAR TRAINING COURSES.
- 90 minutes of fast-paced, intensive instruction
- Ability to ask questions of expert faculty
- Learning checks
- Downloadable resources
- 1.5 hours of continuing education credit
WK - COURSES DESIGNATED WITH WK ARE ONE-WEEK WORKSHOPS.
- Course material presented across one week
- Self-paced online assignments-approximately six hours of course-related reading and assignments
- Use of peer discussion forums to keep you connected to peers and faculty