Symposium: Co-creating an Equitable Future at the Intersection of Health, Housing and Community Development (SY903)
Wednesday, Feb. 28 | 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Over the past decade, the intersection of health, housing and community development has forged groundbreaking partnerships, infused fresh capital resources, and introduced innovative programs and services aimed at bolstering community health and overall well-being. Even with these successes, the pandemic demonstrated there is still more to be done to make sure that everyone has a fair and just opportunity to be healthy. In many places the opportunity to live healthy, fulfilling lives is still limited by social and institutional inequities such as poverty, disinvestment and racism.
In working to create communities of opportunity where people thrive, our experience at NeighborWorks has demonstrated the importance of centering the voices of the people who are closest to solutions. This requires creating space for co-creation between residents and cross-sector partners. As we approach the next decade, we need to accelerate resident-driven health equity approaches that align strategies, partnerships and resources around transformative community visions.
Join us in exploring the future of resident led strategies across health, housing and community development. We will elevate lessons learned, identify critical trends and share perspectives on a critical question facing the field:
How do we center the voices of residents to accelerate community transformation to create thriving, healthy places?
Using emergent learning as our frame for the day, this symposium will actively engage community leaders, experts in the community development and health fields, and partners from across sectors in identifying new, actionable opportunities.
Together, we will:
- Celebrate recent accomplishments and stories uplifting resident voices and solutions at the intersection of health, housing and community development.
- Surface key insights from each other on how we drive community transformation to meet today’s needs and opportunities.
- Imagine new possibilities and narratives that can result from centering community priorities in our efforts to achieve greater health equity.
- Identify actionable and transformative strategies – both for the near-term and the future – that we can each employ to create healthy, vibrant places of opportunity.
From our conversation, we will co-create a new future for collaboration at this intersection and pinpoint key actions we can collectively take to center health equity and create thriving communities!
This event is designed for:
Health, affordable housing and community development practitioners and their community stakeholders who have been working at the intersection of health and housing or are new to this intersection. Interested participants include:
- Community development nonprofit leaders and staff.
- Practitioners working to advance health equity.
- Resident leaders who are interested in advancing health and creating healthy communities.
- Health partners.
- Philanthropic partners.
- Community partners.
Round out your week of learning with these newly created courses: