Looking for reverse mortgage information or counseling? Call 216-412-3996 to access the support you need toll free through the NeighborWorks Reverse Mortgage Information Center. Or find a HUD-approved reverse mortgage counselor online
The NeighborWorks Reverse Mortgage Information Center (RMIC) is a national call center powered by CHN Housing Partners that provides consumers information on the reverse mortgage program. This includes assistance for homeowners that have a reverse mortgage and are currently behind in property taxes or homeowners insurance, those seeking a certificate for reverse mortgage counseling, or callers interested in learning about other senior supportive counseling programs and services. All callers are provided a direct referral to a NeighborWorks network organization
, or an additional HUD-approved loan counselor or counseling agency
Suite of services available through the NeighborWorks Reverse Mortgage Information Center:
- A centralized toll free access number for consumers.
- Pre-counseling triage of customers as part of the referral process.
- Counseling referrals that help supplement the organizations reverse mortgage activity.
- Efficient processes that ensure a quality experience for the customer as well as for the NeighborWorks network organization to which you are referred.
- Tracking and reporting of referrals.
- Point of contact for NeighborWorks network organizations at the RMIC if questions arise or support is needed.
- Assistance with identifying additional local resources that may benefit the callers situation.
We collaborate with a variety of private and government partners to raise awareness about loan-modification scams, help homeowners avoid or mitigate foreclosure through a network of HUD-certified counselors, and work to revitalize distressed communities using a holistic approach.
Connect with a HUD-approved housing counseling agency by calling 888-995-HOPE (4673).
For more tips and resources, visit our Foreclosure Tips page
Chances are, your home is the biggest investment of your life. Regular care helps protect your purchase and your quality of life.
Many NeighborWorks organizations offer classes on homebuyer education. View our directory
to find a member organization near you.