Symposium: Pathways out of Poverty: Solutions on the Ground (ML927)
Minneapolis, MN • May. 24, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Minneapolis Convention Center
Join us as we focus on local solutions for building and maintaining vibrant communities that provide equitable opportunities for all people to thrive.
After the opening plenary, participants can choose to attend one of several dynamic mobile learning labs. The purpose of each mobile lab is to explore how NeighborWorks network organizations are providing pathways out of poverty in and around the Twin Cities. The site visits will offer a chance for network leaders to exchange ideas and learn how best to apply new knowledge in their own board room and community.
The focus of the labs vary and include:
- Using arts-based strategies to strengthen the social, physical, and economic fabric of communities, particularly in small town and rural settings
- Providing affordable housing programs for very low-income people.
- Designing a full spectrum of housing and services to meet the demands of diverse, high-needs populations
- Providing affordable green housing
- Exploring sustainable comprehensive community development strategies