Symposium: Sharing Leadership to Create Inclusive Communities (ML930)
Louisville, KY • Aug. 22, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Symposium Speakers (coming soon)
- Agenda (coming soon)
- Brochure (coming soon)
As we strive for equitable development in our communities, we must also ensure that we are achieving equity within our own organizations—centering non-dominant voices, creating culturally responsive programs and implementing inclusive decision-making processes. These efforts require us to work in tandem with one another.
The goal of this symposium is to foster deep participant engagement around conversations that are critical for building inclusive organizations. Participants will leave with skill-based approaches
by reflecting on the following:
- What is equity and how does it play out in our communities?
- How do we interrupt the patterns of racial and economic disparity playing out individually, culturally, and institutionally?
- How can organizations make the shift from fostering a culture of inclusion to developing policies, practices and processes that embed racial justice and equity in their values and their operations?
- What is the role of the community development industry in addressing racial and economic disparities?
Join us in an unprecedented dialogue as we trace the equity journey from inception to implementation. Guest speakers will guide participants along the way—from starting the conversation
to sustaining a culture that is inclusive in their actions and equitable in their outcomes.