Excellence in Governance Overview
Teaching and reinforcing new disciplines that will continue and sustain effective governance practices.
Excellence in Governance is a NeighborWorks America program designed to help responsible boards create lasting adaptive change and become exceptional boards.
The program enhances governance through changing behaviors, strengthening ways of doing long term business, as well as changing the culture of the board.
For the Class of 2020, Excellence in Governance will build upon an established foundation by expanding the number of participants, deepening the content and engaging program graduates in on-going conversations and opportunities.
NeighborWorks America and additional governance experts are uniquely positioned to help board members learn and apply concepts on:
- building constructive partnerships and an engaging board culture
- fostering functional and social inclusion
- sustaining organizational resources
- becoming ambassadors beyond the board room
- creating lasting, adaptive change
- intentional and meaningful equity, diversity and inclusion on the board
“I felt alone for a long time as the Executive Director.
I don’t feel that way anymore.”
Patti Klein, Executive Director, Rebuilding Together Arlington – Fairfax – Falls Church, Class of 2018 graduate