Mission & Strategy
NeighborWorks America creates opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
Through NeighborWorks and its partnerships, America is a nation of vibrant communities all are proud to call home.
FIve-Year Strategic Goals (2017-2021)
We are on the threshold of an exciting time for NeighborWorks America, our network, our partners and supporters. In response to the many challenges and opportunities before us, we are embarking on a new, five-year strategic plan.
We are guided by our “north star”: Every community in America is a place of opportunity.
A few highlights from our blueprint for getting there:
- We reaffirm our commitment to the core mission established nearly 40 years ago: creating opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
- We will increase our emphasis on comprehensive community-development strategies designed to create places of opportunity. Housing cannot provide the refuge it should without a safe environment and a strong, interconnecting local network of health, education, employment and other services, developed with active resident engagement.
- Strong nonprofits can be community catalysts by partnering across sectors, both public and private; attracting and deploying capital; and generating their own sources of revenue.
- There is a natural symbiosis between a strong network and a strong field of professionals, and we are dedicated to both. We will continue to invest in the capacity and leadership of our network and the field, while building our reputation as thought leader, evaluator and trainer.
- Build and maintain the strength of our leadership, the skills and motivation of staff, and the effectiveness of our network.
- Promote active engagement of and leadership by residents as an essential ingredient in all aspects of strengthening communities.
- Employ and promote green and sustainable practices for the long-term benefit of residents and communities.